Sunday, January 20, 2008

English Assignment pt 3

This will be the final graded entry for my EL assignment.
I am very sure most of you have heard about what happened last Friday. If not,here's what happened.
YIJUN AND I GOT KNOCKED DOWN BY A TRUCK.
(Pls begin marking after this sentence.)

Well,Yijun,Melvin and I were on the way to the bus stop so that we could take Service 12 to our homes. Before that,we had to cross a road. When the green man came on,Yijun and I hurried across while Melvin took his time. Due to a bus that blocked our view,we did not see a truck heading towards us. In just a few seconds,Yijun and I were knocked down. Luckily for us,a nurse saw us injured and rushed to help us. Other passers-by also came to offer assistance. Melvin,who was behind us called the ambulance.
The ambulance arrived and I was 'stretchered into it' while Yijun limped in and took a seat. After about 10 to 15 minutes,we arrived at KK hospital. I was then sent for 3 rounds of X-rays to determine the injury.

All in all,I had a fractured collarbone,two bruised fingers and abrasions on my back,elbows and right ear. I had to stay in hospital for two days. Finally,I was discharged at 1pm today with my arm in a sling.

After this accident,I promised myself that even when the green man is on I will ensure that all vehicles have stopped before crossing another road in the future. I also hope that the relevant authority will look into the traffic condition in that area and install a hump or speed regulating strips to slow down vehicles approaching the traffic light.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you were not seriously injured. Wish you a speedy recovery! Keep writing!

Xu Wang said...

wah lao eh. ur finger bruise nia why mus put so much bandage? bandage not environmentally friendly u noe? must save the world... jkjk:)

AJ said...

Dunno.